Once again it has been a while since we have written a blog. Ellie and I continue to pass a cold back and forth but we seem to be back and going strong. Well as most of you know Jacob, Ellie, and I went to California back a few weeks ago. Jacob had a business trip and Ellie and I tagged along. We have been looking forward to sharing the photos with you and it will probably take more than one blog to get them in. I also had request for pictures with myself and Ellie and I am happy to provide them for you. Finally, Jacob was with us to take some pictures. Yeah!!!
Ellie wearing her "ears" at Sleeping Beauty's CastleThe trip started on a Thursday. We flew to Dallas and then to Orange County. Ellie really did good with her first airplane ride. She only cried some during the second leg of the trip. Our first night in California was spent in Downtown Disney. We had such a wonderful time. We scoped out the Disney souvenirs we wanted to get for Ellie. That night we ate at a buffet restaurant and Ellie sat in a high chair for the first time at a restaurant.
Ellie and I in DumboThe next morning we got up bright and early (after a sleepless night with Ellie in the hotel room) and went to Disneyland. It was awesome. Ellie's first ride was in fantasy land. We rode Snow White's scary adventure and our cart was named "Happy". Our second ride was Mr. Toads wild ride. Ellie really got to ride most of the rides. The rides were so colorful and amusing to the point she really enjoyed them. Some of her favorites were the Tiki Room, Pooh's ride, Pirates (of course!), Nemo submarine voyage, and various others. Ellie was so caught up in everything going on she would all the sudden drop and fall asleep.We would then let her ride around in her stroller.

I am so sleepy!!!
We were fortunate enough to be in the park three days. We took great pictures with the characters. We met most of the major ones. Thankfully Ellie is at the age where things like characters are not scary. Our favorite characters were Mickey and Minnie.

I love Mickey! He is in my favorite show.

Ellie is contemplating becoming Minnie when she grows up.
We got Ellie her first two souvenirs the first night we were there. We got Ellie her first "Ears" and a Minnie mouse dressed as tinker belle. We chose this one because it was the first thing Ellie actually reached out to grab on her own. She laughed and smiled at it so of course Jacob and I could not leave without it.

Here we are at Goofy's Kitchen for a character breakfast!
We also had a lot of pictures taken with fall decorations. Because it was October, Disney had pumpkins and fall decorations all over the place. It was so much fun! Well our Disneyland trip was wonderful and we hope you have enjoyed the pictures. Please stay tuned for more pictures of our California adventure in the next week! We love you all!
Love Jacob, Abby, & Ellie Claire



1 comment:
Of course DisneyLand would go all out with the Halloween/Fall decorations! It all looks so pretty. You got some great family pictures there. It looks like Ellie enjoyed her 1st of many magical experiences at Disney. :)
Post a Comment