Thursday, August 16, 2007

My Favorite Moments

Ellie in her Sunday Outfit

I have had several moments lately with Ellie that are the types I want to remember forever. While most of the time these moments seem to be ones that on the surface sound unimpressive to others, they are the closest and most special to my heart. On Saturday, Ellie was trying to go to sleep and the one thing that put her to sleep each time was her playing with my hands. She did it so sweetly. She would hold her hand up to mine and and look at it and she would grab at it until she was completely out. As a mom, you could have a a baby do this over and over again and each time it would be wonderful. Today Ellie has been in such a good mood. She is always in a good mood, but she was especially happy today. Our car rides home from church were really fun. She was all smiles and she was really enjoying talking as we were singing Disney songs. Its the sweet smiles that you want to be able to remember and recall for the rest of your life. You wake up each morning looking forward to these because they are so full of innocence and love.


Ellie in her car seat

Ellie has also really responded to her daddy this weekend. She has enjoyed smiling at him and squealing at him when he is playing with her in her bumpo seat. She has also started to stick out her tongue and she tries to use it while talking. It is really funny. She seemed to mimick me with sticking out her tongue but I really think it was just coincidence that she did it right after I did. Still it was really neat!


Ellie and daddy playing

Ellie and I also really enjoy our mornings. That is a our special time of the day. While I eat breakfast she likes to play, talk, and watch the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. I love this part of the day because they are also so happy in the mornings. I have included one of my favorite picture of Ellie in the morning. Can we say bed head?


Ellie just waking up


*An Ellie First: We went to Longhorn Sunday night and the waiter gave Ellie her first kiddie menu and crayons! We will be saving these.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

When you speak of Disney Songs? Are you speaking of Hannah Montana? I know you are :o)

We love Ellie! Lib and Wes ! Cannot wait to see you all tonight!

Creating Memories said...

The second picture has a Jacob grin all over it ;)